SIMPLE STEPS TO INCORPORATING
Starting your own business is easy! All you have to do is file an application with your state. Every state has its own fees and processes, but the steps are pretty much the same.
- Google to find your state’s “register a small business” website (the website address will end in .gov). Regardless of the state you live in, Small Business Administration is a great resource.
- Decide on a name for your new business. You’ll need to check your state’s business registry to make sure it hasn’t already been taken.
- File Articles of Incorporation or a Certificate of Incorporation on the Secretary of State website for your state.
- Speak with an accountant or attorney to decide what type of company is right for you and your business.
- Go to the IRS website and complete a EIN application. It’s free!
Incorporation fees range from $100 to $350 depending on the state.
IMPORTANT: Consult with professional tax and legal advisors about your specific situation. AnswerFirst disclaims all liability to any person in respect of anything done or omitted to be done wholly or in part in reliance on the information contained herein.
AnswerFirst is currently accepting applications from businesses in the United States except California, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maryland, Oregon, Wisconsin and New York.